This is a living post for what I use frequently, probably everyday. I’ll update this periodically and welcome suggestions for improvements.
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon with Ubuntu 20.10 ❤️
- Macbook Pro with Ubuntu 20.10, Windows 10
- Pixel 3 ❤️
- iPhone 8
- Ubiquity UniFi ❤️
- Sonnet Breakaway box with Nvidia 1070 ❤️
I prefer to work in Ubuntu but my personal laptop is a Macbook Pro which I got in 2017. It runs Ubuntu pretty well so I’ve kept it around. I also use it for gaming which is why I have a tri-boot configuration.
I have an iPhone from work but my main device is the Pixel 3. I’ve kept the iPhone because I like to compare functionality side-by-side and it’s also handy to have a backup device on a different network provider.
- IDE: PHPStorm 💲❤️
- Editor: VS Code
- Terminal: Terminator
The software listed here are the essentials that are I use everyday that I want to endorse.
- Firefox mobile and desktop for my browser
- AutoKey for autocomplete ❤️
- CopyQ for clipboard management
- Dropbox for file storage
- Dropbox Paper for shared notes ❤️
- Flameshot for screenshots
- Authy for 2FA ❤️
- Spotify for music 💲❤️
- 1Password for passwords 💲
- Standard Notes for taking notes 💲❤️
- Google Keep for notes with reminders
- Google Calendar ❤️
- Google Photos ❤️
- Gmail for email
- Pocket Casts
- 💲 are monthly or annual subscriptions
- ❤️ are things that I love